This product is no longer in stock
Very High-speed Connectivity for Internet Access and IPTV Service The Data Connect 2178HSEE/4/B is a single VDSL2 port Ethernet Extender equipped with four Ethernet ports by embedded 10/100Mbps Ethernet Switch. Compliant with ITU-T G.993.2 VDSL2 standard, the Data Connect supports the highest rate of up to 100Mbps/100Mbps in VDSL2 Profile (30a) with a 6-band solution. Since VDSL2 has the characteristic of faster rates over shorter distances, the ideal architecture for Telecoms is to use fiber optic lines as the backbone and a VDSL2 line as the last mile into the home or office. VDSL2 operates over copper wires so that telecom operators can provide bundled services to end-users similar to those that cable operators offer. With outstanding throughput, the Data Connect 2178HSEE/4/B can complement a fiber network to offer the best solution for delivering IPTV or home entertainment services. The Data Connect 2178HSEE/4/B also supports both central office (CO) and customer-premises Ethernet packets between VDSL2 port and the Ethernet ports, the Data Connect 2178HSEE/4/B also supports both central office (CO) and customer-premises equipment (CPE) modes for back-to-back applications. Besides forwarding Ethernet packet between VDSL2 port and Ethernet ports, The Data Connect 2178HSEE/4/B also provides Hardware IGMP snooping for IGMP v1/v2 to facilitate IPTV service without interfering with other applications.
Standard-compliant to ITU-T G.993.2 The Data Connect 2178HSEE/4/B complies with the international standards and interoperates with major/open chipsets. It supports different profiles (8a, 8b, 8c, 8d, 12a, 12b, 17a and 30a); different band plans (997, 998, and proprietary) and different annex types (Annex A, Annex B, and Annex C), by factory settings to fit into different requirements. Benefit from the latest chip design technology, The Data Connect 2178HSEE/4/B consumes less power (less than 2 watt per VDSL2 port) and has shorter training time to make device up and running.
Long Reach Ethernet (LRE): Back-to back Applications In addition to using one the Data Connect 2178HSEE/4/B to connect to ISP/Telco’s DSLAM for accessing Internet or video services, users can utilize a pair of the Data Connect 2178HSEE/4/B for back-to-back applications. Theoretically the maximum length for Ethernet cable is within 100 meters. With two Bridge Modems users can have 100/100Mbps connectivity over a twisted pair phone line up to 200meter longer. This Capability can help users to bridge two distinct LAN segments in longer distance or have to surveillance service a little farther over existing twisted-pair phone cable.
Easy Installation The Data Connect 2178HSEE/4/B is easy to use. Simply connected the hardware interfaces without the need for complicated configuration efforts, the device will synchronizes with VDSL2 DSLAM (VTU-O) in auto-negotiated mode and allow users to access the Internet or watch IPTV instantly.
Deployment scenario for VDSL using FTTx (DCE 2178HSEE/4/B – VDSL2 Ethernet Extender).
Back-to-Back Connectivity (DCE 2178HSEE/4/B – VDSL Ethernet Extender)
– Compliant with VDSL2 Standard, ITU-T G.993.2
– VDSL2 Profiles: 8a, 8b, 8c, 8d, 12a, 12b, 17a and 30a
– Supports 997 and 998 Band Plans
– Supports Annex A, Annex B, and/ or Annex C
– Upstream / Downstream connection rates 100/100Mbps
– OLR (On Line Reconfiguration), US0 Supported
– Supports Ethernet 802.3ah
Network Protocols and Features
– Transparent bridging
– Ethernet over VDSL (EoVDSL) Bridging
– IEEE 802.3/3u compliant
– Hardware IGMP Snooping for IGMP v1/v2
– Simple management function via console port
– Firmware upgradeable (on demand)
– VDSL: one RJ-11 connector
– DIP Switch: DIP4 for Configuring RT/COT mode
– Ethernet: 4-port 10/100Mbps auto crossover (MDI / MDI-X) Switch
– Console: PS2, for management function
– Power Jack – Power switch Physical Specifications
– Dimensions: 7.09” x 4.72” x 1.57” (180mm x 120mm x 40mm)
– Input: 12V DC, 1A
– Operating temperature: 0 ~ 40°C
– Storage temperature: -20 ~ 70°C
– Humidity: 20 ~ 95% non-condensing
DCE 2178HSEE/4/B VDSL2 Ethernet Extender
DCE 2178HSEE/4/B-2PK VDSL2 Ethernet Extender